The project scope was the mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection design of approximately 67,000 square feet of renovated space. The existing six-story building was constructed in the 1950’s and needed changes to meet current hospital needs.
During the course of renovation, two lower-levels were left intact while the upper floors were demolished and removed. A new, two-story, 4,000 square foot atrium was constructed to serve as a new open atrium and main entrance corridor. Renovations were completed in the first and second floors. Our design included the main corridor, a new cafeteria and a new lab. The project came to completion in June of 2015 and has received both national and regional construction awards.